Today Bioware and EA has revealed the Rebellion Pack for Mass Effect 3. After the leak last week, many people were confused as to whether the pack was real or not. While some details were sketchy, all can be clarified with the deatails of the contents.
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Land on Firebase Jade, located in a Salarian STG base on Sur’Kesh and fight to control Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Level and promote six new unlockable characters, including the ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel or the Male Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator.
- New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will demand that teams retrieve a high priority package and securely escort it to a designated extraction zone on each map.
- New Gear Slot – A new slot will be available on the equipment screen, offering players a persistent gameplay bonus that will not expire after the end of a match. These new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
- Lethal New Weapons – Eliminate the enemy with deadly new weapons, including the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.
The new pack will be free; just as the last multiplayer pack and will be available for download on May 29th. The Ex-Cerberus classes and the Vorcha will certainly be good but whether the Male Quarians will live up to everyones expectations has yet to be seen. It’s likely that they are the same as the Female Quarians but slightly different skills would be nice.
After a little digging around, we found the official post which contains more details. Each class will have its own unique abilities and loadouts, and like the previous DLC, you can access the new items, characters and equipment will be available to unlock via the store. For the full details and some nice screenshots of the new characters check out the post here.