IGN and Microsoft have become a duo that’s blessing us all with a pair of gifts. The first gift is today’s IGN app which allows access to various IGN video content from the 360 dashboard. Presumably this will save the hassle of using the YouTube app to find them or consulting a computer for your IGN video fix or handy walkthrough.
The IGN app is available to Xbox LIVE Gold* members in the U.S., and includes the following features:
- Game previews, reviews, guides and gameplay videos.
- ‘Instant access’ to game help walkthroughs and IGN’s extensive catalog of popular shows, including “The Daily Fix,” “Strategize,” “Weekly ‘Wood” and more.
- Live streams of eSports events and content from the IGN Pro League, as well as inside access to events like E3.
- Movie reviews and exclusive trailers.
- Facebook sharing through Xbox LIVE.
It is worth noting that the app is completely controllable by the Kinect as well, so you can relax and enjoy IGN with a controller free experience. It is still US only, so not everyone will be able to enjoy the new app yet.
The second delight is one which will be looked upon more favourably by many, though details are scarce so it could be limited to certain regions. IGN and Microsoft are partnering up to give free gold membership for a month between the 8th of May and the 8th of June. It hasn’t been announced whether this will be something like the “entertainment only” Xbox Live Gold deal from a few weeks ago or if this will unlock all of the features of the service. For now we can only wait on new details which should be posted here next week.